Saturday, June 13, 2009

I am an illustrator, which in the art world, is very much equivalent to



I thught I'd make a nice banner for this forum, so I've been playing around with Illustrator and some nice fonts... to give it a grunge style, with a touch of old-style with pen doodles acually made with vectors.

The idea comes from the issue that illustrators sometimes don't have a clear position in the job market, or in the art world, or in the world in general: sometimes people don't even know what they do, others just place illustrators somewhere along the range which goes from graphic designers to fine artists.
One of the best things I found about this whole issue is a self-explanatory illustration by Brad Holland:




O


One of the most hilarious definitions: "I am an illustrator, which in the art world, is very much equivalent to whore”, by Molly Crabapple
She does crazy victorian-style illustrations and here is a video where she talks a bit about herself: http://vodpod.com/watch/1086656-i-am-an-illustrator-which-in-the-art-world-is-very-much-

No comments:

Post a Comment